Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HW #9: Video Project GHIJK

Evannnnnn,


Thanks once again for a really nice comment, especially to my video. Your actually gave me great feedback and I could tell you put a lot of thought into your response. The fact you had so much to say makes me feel like I did a better job, even though most people think my video was staged (ok only the phone call was lol).
The third paragraph of your comments sums up the message I was hoping people would grasp perfectly! Thanks to Andy I've been so much more aware of how natural it feels to use various devices continuously and subconsciously in just one night. Being away from something non electronic doesn't quite hold my attention for as long, and now even just one gadget can't seem to do the trick. Sometimes I feel like we always need to either be connected to our friends or pop culture that reminds us of our friends. Like we are so codependent that companionship is the only way we can bear a night in, which drastically harms our relationships in the home.

I know these are reoccurring thoughts that we've discussed countless times in class but it still surprises me to realize how similar we all are even though most strive on their uniqueness and complexity.

I appreciate your last paragraph but rereading it now I wonder if by going out and experiencing new things life has to offer will really shake out digital habits or just put it off for another day. I was thinking how whenever I do something new and exciting, like go to a concert of a new band or a party with a diffrent crowd, I feel more alive which is a thrill. But then again when spontaneous things occur in our lives we usually do our best to document, record and overall savor it by taking a bunch of pictures, bloggering and generally gossiping about it the next day.
To be frank I don't think spending time away from our relaiable sutible gadgets will do much in the longrun because no matter what digitiazation will just get more and more in demand.

So I wonder, and i'm sure you'd wonder too, if we gave up a night or routine commenting and instant messaging, would we really stay true to that every night or just make up for it the next?

Wow Evan, your comment really helped spark a long train of new thoughts. Thanks!

See ya in class :)



No comments:

Post a Comment