Monday, November 16, 2009

Hw 21: Art Project; Our brains our lives


I unfortunately didn't get to make my project into what I originally envisioned, but I did get close enough.

Feed sparked my idea to have various drawings of the human head where we could see inside the brain. I wanted to make a flip book or a variety of brains from children to teenagers to adults to conformists to rebels and so on. But I wasn't able to capture all of that with the time I had, so I narrowed it down to four heads.

One is a portrait of a normal brain, as to express what humans are today. Another holds all our digital gadgets and the devices that consume our time and concentration. A third is what the brain would look like with a feed computer chip were inside of it, and the forth holds what people commonly view as happiness. I organized it in a way so that each picture had a different colored backround, and It will slightly resemble the art Andy Warhol use to do.

My art is definitely a mirror, reflecting life and certain interpretations. Although I would have enjoined to be creative enough to have my art be a hammer, I just don't think I am capable of making people think in a way that's different from how they already do. All I can do is express how I see this phenomena and hope people can relate.
I think my art can provoke some thought. I wanted to make it resemble the Andy Warhol pictures as a way of conforming to a certain style, yet have each one of them say something different from the others so that no one brain is the same.
I don't think my art will make anyone feel any extreme emotions, they will most likely think its average.

But I think the most interesting aspect of my art is that it kind of shows how we're all so similar yet always different in some aspect. Although we might conform and although we might appear robotic and fake, we really can be anything we want to be if we put our minds to it. Look at all that was accomplished because someone had an idea, I think that's possible for anyone with dreams and ambition and the desire to live.

The picture of my art will be up shortly, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment